The Phalaenopsis; the premier houseplant, and has been for many years. This stylish icon sometimes goes under the name of ‘moth orchid’, thanks to the shape of its flowers. These flowers come in purple, pink, salmon, white and yellow. With its striped or speckled flowers, the Phalaenopsis is something of a print pattern, guaranteed to make you smile.
- Good light, but no bright sunlight.
- Ideal temperature ± 20 ºC.
- Keep damp, compost must not dry out.
- Do not leave excess water in saucer/dish.
- Apply fertiliser once a month.
- Immerse plant in water if it becomes dry.
- Flowers several times a year.
- After flowering the stem should be cut back to 20 cm above the soil.